First off....Please don't think that I am bi-polar people! ;) LOL!! I tend to change my mind a lot...But I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and as much as I would really love to have lap band surgery I have been thinking "Can I do this by myself?!"
Where is this all coming from, you may ask?, Well from my previous posts I have been thinking about the pros and cons of the surgery. The pro's include:
1. Loosing weight
2. Feeling full/satisfied
3. Able to keep off the weight by help of fills
1. Having a device in my stomach possibly for life.
2. Slippages/errosions/PB'ing and all the other negative effects of the band
3. Having to get an injection for the fills
4. Slow weight loss.(This is not really a con but I can do this with dieting and exercising by myself)
5. Not taking Ibuprofren(ADvil) Which is my cure all med esp. for my Aunt Flo's
6. No SODA!!!! Which I will be cutting out but I occasionally would like a Cherry Coke every other month or so for a treat :/
7. No Alcohol.. which I really do not drink like that but I enjoy my occasional martini or long island iced tea.
I feel like I have the motivation to work out/exercise on my own and do it. Well I have made little and small deals with myself... Here they are..
This will be my first motivation to loose my first 25lbs.. which I am hoping to achieve by the time I have my appt. for my pulmonologist. I may still keep that appt but I will at least be down 25lbs! :)
A trip to the Hershey Spa, in Hershey, PA!!! YAY!!!! My DH actually made this a gift from him when I reach this goal. I have been wanting to go here for the longest.. Just never had the time.. Now I have it as a goal to work towards!! YAY!!
Now in total I would like to loose 100lbs. So I have to come up with goals for my 75lb mark and of course the big 100lb mark.. I will have to think about this.. In between my 50lb to 75lb Im pretty sure that I will need to go clothes shopping spree, so we shall see..
As far as activities and food,I will be working out everyday and changing of course my diet. I would love to start by doing any 5K. I would possibly walk my first time and work my way up to a run! Im so excited to start.. I wonder how long it will take me to reach my gaol!? hmmmmm...
I plan to purchase more healthier choices by paying attention to more veggies, fruits, proteins, less sugars, and TONS of water..
Some Items that I would like to purchase sooner than later include:
1. A Bike
2. New running/cross training sneakers.. (New Balance or Asics)
3. Weight Watchers Scale or something similar..
4. Get my gym membership back.