Friday, January 21, 2011

Initial Consult.. things are moving along very fast!

So I had my initial consult with a lapband surgeon yesterday morning and it went wonderful! Since yesterday I have already scheduled my appt with my pulmonologist, cardiologist and all 6 of my nutrition classes! This is going to be a fast process!!! I am excited and nervous at the same time because on one hand I really want this surgery and on the other hand I am scared because it will be life changing. There are things you have to avoid with the band like.. No soda (no carbination), no ibuprofren.. and Advil works wonders for me.. and they say no alcohol... but I have seen other banders talk about they had a drink every now and again.. Also the hair falling out scares me a little.. I know that these are not major worries compared to band slippage.. errosion (other things that I should be worried about) but they are still life changing and will require for me to understand this mentally.
But I am ready for a change... I want to be healthy and be able to be more active. There are more pros to me to become thinner and absolutely no pros for me to stay the size that I am.. I am lucky that I have a husband that loves me no matter what.. I am truely greateful for this. but I am doing this for me and I need to love me as much or even more.


2 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes well for you! I can imagine why you feel scared; surgery is a scary thing no matter the cause. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I am very scared but I know that it will be a healthy move. They also have support groups so I am willing to give it a try. I am scared about the "no soda/carbination" rule.. lol! its silly because its not a big thing but when you have had it for the majority of your life so far its scary getting rid of it..

    ReplyDelete